Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quilt Contagion

This is my quilt Matchstick Moons #1

45"x41" Hand dyed cottons, fused, hand and machine quilted




And here is Fernande from Luxembourg's version! Wrapped on a canvas frame and just 12x12" Is this darling or what? Click on the link and see her tutorial of how she did it. Why didn't I think of this?

A close-up detail of the original. By the way, I was contacted by a British publisher who purchased the rights to use a cropped version of this work as illustration for one of their books. I'll let you know what it is when I know.

3 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you did that one. I was in awe, still am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you being part of a book publication...this is totally exciting and I will stayed tuned for updates. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com