Thursday, December 10, 2009

Powerless!!
When I returned late Wednesday afternoon from Chattanooga I noticed the power lines were down in our driveway, and me with a carload of lovely anniversary dinner ingredients and no electric, phone, cable tv or INTERNET ACCESS!!! Argh!
So how did we celebrate our anniversary? I left the food in a cooler on the porch, but took out the champagne, and we had sliced apples, cheese, raisins and pecans for our dinner. Dave entertained us with his acoustic 12 string guitar, wearing a battery powered headlamp strapped onto his bald head that made him look hysterically funny to me. His singing was definitely improved with the champagne. I conked out by 7:30 and he stayed up til 9:30 when the electric was restored. But still no phone, cable or email, which finally came back on at 2:30 today.
It was probably the best anniversary party in a long long time and tonight we'll have the gala meal I had planned. Film at 11.
Thanks for all your anniversary wishes.
PS. No hangover!!

5 comments:

  1. That is too funny! Thank goodness both of you are resourceful and resilient. I'm glad you had a good time AND then another dinner tonight. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, a friend just directed me to your blog, and I'm so glad! I remember you from QSDS, and of course I have a book or two, and now to find you're on Ravelry as well.....yay! Love reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely memorable evening. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the memories that never leave you. What a great story! And may you have many more happy anniversaries!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nell in L.A.11:28 PM

    Dave sounds like a great guy...and you certainly are wonderful...and I don't even know you yet. Happy Anniversary! Great memories are priceless.
    -Nell in LA

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com