Friday, September 25, 2009

A Bunch of Good Things

Closing the provisional cast on stitches worked like a dream. If I had cast the original stitches on the same size needle as my working needle, the graft would have looked much better. So this is only the study, and I will know now to make this change when I do this for real.
Not ready for prime time, but still I am delighted with the results. Knitting a tube or a long round something by knitting it flat and joining it is just another way to do things. When I was in Switzerland a few years ago now, I was chilly and my hostess gave me some wristlets like this and since they warmed up the pulse spot, I did lose my chill. Or I could save this for a beer cozy...
Yesterday I had a toe doctor's appointment, and having a medical man inspect and cut your toenails is quite an experience. That's all I have to say about that.
And then since I was so close I went to see my sister and do a little shopping.
At TJMAXX (wouldn't you know it) I found the answer to my long search for something to wear over my pjs or my neckedness here in the woods.
For the longest time I didn't know what exactly I was hoping to find, but this one has it all. A zipper closure, two pockets, a chill reducing collar and the right knee length. I will have to shorten the sleeves so I can wash the dishes and not get them wet, but this is it. Now that I see it in person, I can make more of them, in the colors I really want.
And last but not least, here is a caterpillar who knows how to dress. Lime green is the new black.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. It looke like you knitted a little coat for the caterpillar.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I was about to say the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that caterpillar! I don't know much about bugs but that worm looks fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice caterpillar with som stunning color. Bugs in Norway don`t have so brigth colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I crazy, or does it look as if the caterpillar stitched himself a vest? :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com