Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

image image image There was something bad about the patching plaster that was used to fill the sconce holes in my studio wall. We painted them and they cracked and the patch still showed, as in picture #1. When the workers returned yesterday, there was murmuring and grunting and they reported that the holes needed to be re-patched with better mud. And of course repainted, this time primed with Kilz.

 

image But the lovely baseboards are in and much nicer than I had expected, at least 5” deep. This is one elegant room to be.

 

 

 

Other good things are happening in the garden, like this deep burgundy daylily,

image

image

Lemon colored lilies, and Japanese Irises.

image

And Campanulas that I planted from seed last year are now finally here in full force!

image

Difficult to see their leaves, as the vinca is hiding them.

image

11 comments:

  1. Lovely colors! After a week of rain and grey skies here, it is nice to see your colorful flowers! Thanks for the shot of color and sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that last lily with rain drops!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every step is progress, forward or back . . . maybe you can think of it as dancing ;-)

    Thank you for the lovely photos of your flowers. Since moving into a downtown loft, I really miss gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... I think that last lily with rain drops would make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange daylily is fantastic! That is a painting waiting to happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamps look great already! And the flowers brighten up my dark and rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read a book once where this woman had so many varieties of daylilies that they bloomed throughout the summer. Yours are just lovely.

    Be patient....it looks like the worst is over and soon you will be hanging your colorful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, you woulda thought the worker guys would know what to do to make it not do that! What a hassle. I think your studio looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the flowers are SO pretty, and those silly workmen. Hope they can get their patches patched properly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:50 AM

    A question. I have seen your paintings of fruits and vegetables. Do you paint your flowers too? Your sense of color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I plan on it, this time around, as soon as I can get the paint out. When the studio is finished, which will be SOON OR ELSE!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com