Saturday, May 10, 2008

After the Garden...art?
=
Since about March I have been directing my creative juices towards dirt and plants and garden structures, and now that 90% are done and the house in Cary has sold, somehow I am feeling a bit restless. I think it may be time to do something in my studio.


Dust has settled on everything and I wonder if I have the mental energy to unpack something and do something to it, and then to do something to that?
I do. I must.
As with so many times before, the way to begin is to just put away everything, rearrange the furniture, finish the laundry, find a new place to store stuff, and generally putz around until a rhythm develops.
It's a lonely place, the studio. And it is good that it is. If you want to try something and it doesn't work, it's better if no one witnesses it. I'll tell you this, having the blog watching me doesn't help. And if I could keep the process secret I would. But you know I just can't.

5 comments:

  1. I love that spot in the last photo. May I sit and join you in a cup or two there?

    Mel, this entry is so right on the truth I never realized it until you expressed it. You do have to develop a rhythm, and you do have to just putz around.

    By the way, tried to post yesterday and blogger didn't want me to. I'm so happy you and Dave are doing so well in Tennessee. It got Stretch and I wondering where our "no stress" place will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Putzing is good! But I hope you continue to post garden pix from time to time... you have really inspired me, but I also can't wait to see what you post from the studio...

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Mel..it's been wonderful watching you transform your yard...it will be a showcase for sure. Lots of life and color.

    Happy to know you & Dave both feel happy and healthy in paradise. You both deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you both. What a beautiful atmosphere to get the creative juices flowing again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what all the putzing around produces.... I am so glad you two are happy in your vacation land...

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com