Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Grand Finale
.
The visit is coming to an end tomorrow so we decided to take one more trip into town and visit the Tennessee Aquarium. As you can tell I was captivated. If we look a little green it's because of the underwater lighting surrounding us. There are two buildings in this aquarium. One houses salt water life and the other freshwater. We spent a solid two hours there, taking pictures and movies with Glory's new Flip video camera. We pet stingrays and small sharks and then entered the Butterfly House which had lovely creatures basking in the sun. Then we saw unusual creatures like the jelly fish and then something I have never seen before...

the sea dragon which I mistook for seaweed. There were many many new-to-me fish and I was awestruck the whole time.
Teeny seahorses smaller than a dime elicited squeals of "So cuuuuuttte!" from us all.
I confess I neglected to bring my camera, and so I am ripping off Brooke with all these shots.
Below is a short film of the feeding of a sting ray. Amazing video.


5 comments:

  1. I love the seahorses and dragons. I used to think they were just fairytales.
    Love the butterfly photos... Wings wide open... great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my family & I visited that aquarium and loved it!! those seahorses are beautiful. i loved all the tiny jellyfish too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aquariums. It is wonderful to see you having such good fun with Brooke and the delightful Glory. I am enjoying watching you settle in to your new life. It is different, but you are still Mrs Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun to see you enjoying life so much. That looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of a sea dragon before. I wonder what he eats.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com