Friday, May 04, 2007

Where am I?
I have been at the Mancuso's Denver National Quilt Festival and have been since Wednesday. Unfortunately internet access has been sporadic and temporary. It has been a busy few days and tomorrow is my last class and I will return home to my good internet and the blog on Sunday.
I haven't had a speck of time to even see the show, but may be able to tomorrow. I will take lots of pictures (she said...)
The good part is being roommates with my pal Marjan Kluepfel and getting to watch all of my shows after work.
I admit I have spent quite few hours house looking when I can get online. And then I forget to blog. What a wastrel I am with your affections. I will do better. Thanks for all the great comments on the last blog...wonderful and thought provoking.

5 comments:

  1. So...any good houses turn up yet?

    ps. My latest quilt got posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    As to your post about learning the Magick Secret. I am going to be in your class today and here's what I expect. To learn a new technique or two to add to my skills. Then I want to be able to come home and use that technique, or a variation, and make it my own. I want to play today! It's like recess for me. I work mon-fri, 6:30-3 and your class is like a special field trip. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think Dave would be satisfied with a medium size dory? They are easy, hardley need any upkeep and you paddle, which is good for the health. I am been funny....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I said hi to Laura at the Paducha show....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody,

    I've spent a wonderful couple of days reading your archived blog at every opportunity in this crazy schedule of mine. I remember seeking out the "Chicago School of Fusing" when I first saw Sunflowers at the Houston Quilt Show and have been dying (and dyeing...hahah) to learn more about how you do what you do...the "magic" you create. In your blog, I was reading about how you think about spending more time at home...working less. At the same time, I always look for your classes and the closest ones are always hundreds (if not a thousands!!) of miles away. Have you ever considered a video class...like the ones that Joggles.com offer? I was thinking about taking one of their classes...which I only recently discovered, but the thought of taking one of your classes like this just fills me with joy!! Please...pretty please!!!...or at least come to Houston and teach (she asked... pleadingly).

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com