Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Laziest Christmas Ever!


We never got dressed. We did no Christmas shopping, unless you count groceries. We exchanged no presents. We didn't have a huge meal. We watched reruns on TV and took multiple naps. We stayed home and ate cookies. And sneezed quite a lot.
We are so glad to see the end of Christmas shopping commercials on TV, but I may venture out today for a tiny bit of after Christmas sales. Half price on paint brushes, and I am out of flour, of all things.
We don't feel like we missed anything except our family and friends, who were far away with their families. My sister Brooke called last night from Singapore, but since I couldn't hear her at all, I didn't know it was her. The phone said Error.
I got dressed today and as a sign of renewing life, painted my toenails.
Thanks for all the wonderful Christmas wishes, and now back to the studio for me! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Sounds similar to mine and it was wonderful. Thanks for all your inspiration this year. I love seeing your work and you have been so prolific
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melody and Dave,
    --almost as lazy at our house ...so here are belated wishes-Happy Holidays and Peace on Earth! Ya'll already got the best present...new medicine for Dave!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your art and life with the world-it has been a wonderful present for me this yr! Love and peace,Missy in bayou land

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Hmm....seems to be a trend. I had Christmas Eve to myself as Joey went to his dad's. Both boys and their dad came over Christmas morning to open gifts and have a pancake breakfast. Then the boys went to their aunt's house for card games, etc and I once again had the house to myself....it was heavenly!!

    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry you weren't feeling well for Christmas. It was raining here all day, and we pretty much did the same thing you did, except we saw our family the day before.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com