Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!
=

Dave models his Christmas Red sox.

They were started on Friday on our way to the doctor's office at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's hospital in downtown Chicago. We were supposed to sit and wait until Dave's medications wore off so the doctor could try out this new 'rescue therapy'.
It is a shot of drugs that are administered either by Dave or me when he goes into a 45 minute body cramp. I figured there would be a lot of down time just waiting, so the thing to do would be to knit.
Our doctor had never seen sock knitting with four needles. He was amazed.
There were three other medical observers all standing and waiting with us in this tiny room and eventually Dave started cramping so we all got to share in the excitement of watching this medicine do its job.
Instead of taking a pill, he was injected with a different drug and in five minutes he was out of the cramp. We were amazed.
I learned just how to set up and administer the drug and since Friday we have used it twice. This is really the best Christmas present for us both.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. And what a great present!!Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brain surgeon being amazed by sock knitting... interesting! I am thrilled to hear about the new medicine! A medical miracle. A Christmas miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I am so happy for both of you...Merry Christmas to a wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Dave and the Doctors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Melody! Here's to a new year of good health and life enjoyment for both of you. And while we're wishing--let's wish for lots of great art inspiration for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and blessing to both you and Dave! My husband gives me 1 shot a day and I give myself the other 4. It is funny how a shot can bring a couple closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know Dave was a Red Sox fan. Always thought of him as a Cub's fanatic. He never ceases to amaze me.
    Hope your holiday is happy and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Oh, I am so thrilled that this is working. Give that man ahug from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:46 AM

    Merry Christmas, dear Mrs. Mel, and the new year bring to you and Dave all the health and happiness you so well deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those red socks. Hope the new meds continue to do the trick. Merry xmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Oh thank goodness. I am so happy to hear the shot worked. Now that's a great start for a Happy New Year!!

    I was knitting socks at the Women's Health Center last year and an elderly woman commented that she hadn't seen anyone knit with 4 dpn's since her mother! It's always fun to enlighten others, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com