Saturday, November 18, 2006

Things you will not see on other blogs

Dave's new socks are finished.

I learned some interesting facts at the doctor's office yesterday. I went there because I have had stuffy ears. He couldn't find a reason why I have them and of course, like cars that make a funny sound until brought to the mechanic, they weren't stuffy when I finally got an appointment. There seems to be nothing wrong with my ears at all.

The interesting thing that I learned at the doc's and wish to discuss may be a bit embarrassing although it is often the subject of tv commercials at dinner time. I am speaking of hemorrhoids. It turns out that they can be caused by extended periods of magazine reading on the commode (as it is often called in the polite circles). One must get in and get out in a timely manner, thus preventing the scourge.

I just thought I would share.

And then he recommended a good wine, Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel, a mammogram, and a colonoscopy. Quite a worthy visit.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Wowieeee, Dave has new socks! Ms Mel you are wonderful. Now tell me, where did you find the time between the painting to knit this so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Great socks. Love that yarn.

    Re: reading on the throne; I never did understand that. My chair is so much more comfy....in and out is the only way to go (no pun intended).

    Re: tests; was supposed to have my mammogram and a bone density test Tuesday. These were scheduled for me while I was at AQT. Gee, like I don't have enough to do the week of Thanksgiving with family here. Have you had YOUR bone density test yet?

    Re: the Zin; sounds good...but, aren't you on a wine free diet? I will try it for you and report back.

    teri....always willing to make sacrifices for friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second the Ravenswood. It's a good one, and priced right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wanted to say good luck for all the exams! (and I guess the wine recommendation is a really good thing, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Did your doc try syringeing your ears with water? Even with proper cleaning, wax can build up in the ear to the point of impairing hearing; I speak from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have been warned against sitting there too long. Seems the humidity can create problems for ya.
    Ahhh, the things we talk with our doctors about...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My experience is that "stuffy ears" occur in the eustacian tubes. In my case, it's often caused by allergy. (do your ears ever itch? Like deep inside your ears?)

    Occasionally tight/spasmed muscles in my neck will obstruct the tube from draining well. And flying with a headcold can exacerbate this condition.

    If you can take a decongestant, see if it helps. Or try some steam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did he recommend drinking the wine, before going for the tests, what a thoughtful man

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com