Wednesday, July 05, 2006

busy BUSY BUSY!

We scattered first thing in the morning on the 4th. I met Frieda for coffee at Panera and Dave took Brooke and Glory for a bicycle ride to feed the fish and quackers in one of the many local ponds.

Look harder, the fish are very small.

The ducklings and fish love Cheerios.

On the way back, they stopped at Timber Town and had a swing and played on some of the crazy apparatus, like this tire tunnel that swallowed Glory.

When we all reconnoitered, I decided that I also needed to get the ol' heart rate up so I got on my skates and went for a good workout. Dave read the paper, Brooke beaded some earrings



to coordinate with her new chapeau...
Around noon we had a bite (lots of watermelon and tortilla chips) and then I set them to task making Bodacious Bloomers from the magazine article from last summer.



The stunning results. I offered very little guidance and knew they would be successful. They are MY FAMILY after all.
I decided this was the time to pull out all that batik and whip up some summer shorts. Get that fabric outta the rubbermaid and onto my hindquarters.
Two sets of pockets per pair.
The shorts will be serged and stitched and worn today. After quilting and sewing, we hopped on the bikes again to ride to the store for more Cherrios, and Cool Whip. Our plan for dinner was ice cream sundaes, with fresh strawberries and bananas!
Full bowls of ice cream in hand we settled down to watch a family film, Millions, which was wonderful.
Glory got worn out with all the exercise and fresh air, not to mention creating a quilt, so she headed to bed before sunset and the grown ups enjoyed a fire in the fireplace on the deck.

Milkweed in bloom

Here's hoping your 4th was a bang-up day too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Millions is SUCH a great movie! My inner monologue always becomes british after I watch things like that. Same goes for when I watch Paula Deen on the Food Network; I'm always surprised when I speak after watching her show that I don't have a southern accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I borrow Glory for a week? She seems to be such an adorable girl and enjoys the crafty stuff. Mia is not quite there, yet. Isn't family time great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:01 PM

    So, when do we get to see the completed bird houses??

    That Glory sure is one cute kid....

    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:17 PM

    Where can I get a chapeau like Brooke's?

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com