Saturday, January 01, 2005

Shopping as Sport

First: Let's look at Work in Progress
click on image to enlarge

The back of a sweater started on Tuesday after the great sale at Wool and Company. This is
99%Merino/ 1% nylon "Elaine" hand dyed wool from Schaefer knit in strips and joined with single crochet in Sirdar Fun Fur or some similar name. I plan to edge the points with the same purple fluffy stuff.
I must steam the curl out of these points. Then do the edging. In this shot they are pinned to my design wall and look so pointy.
Now onto the subject of this post.
Sport Shopping!

My Darling Husband gave me the blue topaz and diamond slide below for my 57th birthday or Christmas present, or both and my sister gave me a $25 gift certificate for TJMaxx! This was a good reason to visit the store, as if I needed a reason. I don't have a thing in blue topaz to coordinate with my new slide so that was the goal for this shopping day. I found several wonderful earrings and these were the exact color and the biggest honkin' size that they had, so of course I got them. Gems like these are really affordable and with the gift card, even more affordable. There is a certain thrill associated with getting just what one wants so that adrenaline spurred me onto more browsing.

I found a Ralph Lauren shirt that I have been 'watching' since Spring when it was selling at $56, but was finally reduced to $7, so of course I swept that baby up. Next to it was a Caribbean Joe camp shirt which altho it is only a Tommy Bahama ripoff, still at $5 who could resist? Then onto the jeans, where I found an interesting pair of forest green Jones of New York jeans for $12 in size 10, which seem to fit just fine after my Christmas binging and at that price, I could swallow my pride and vowed to aim at making these my baggy pants of the future.

In the Christmas discount bin I found kitchen towels in red and white reduced 50% ( perfect for my red kitchen) so I got two sets, 6 towels for $4...can you beat that?

I had more merchandise in my cart but the deals weren't as great so I put them back and checked out. I really only buy the stuff that beats the system.

And now for the New Years' Day sale at the lys Sunflower Samplings. Frieda is meeting me at 10 and since the sale is only 25% off, there will be no lines, no panic purchases and may even include lunch. A perfect day in my book.






2 comments:

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com