Monday, June 09, 2014

Painting Day 6

Easel
Acrylic, collage, neocolor crayon, ink, stamping. 4x10"
With a collage like this one, my challenge is to bring pattern and disparate elements into some sort of harmony. Although this is a small composition, I worked on it for over an hour, adding and subtracting, covering over, rubbing away and ultimately painting over much of the distracting elements. Then when I could feel the uniform whole appearing, the details could be added to finish it off.
I am feeling a bit of control within my grasp.
While it may be difficult to explain what motivated me initially, the challenge of finding the image, the art, in the process is what keeps me intrigued.

That, and not having to decide at the start what it is that I will paint today.

2 comments:

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com