Saturday, November 19, 2005

Last Day in California

I return home tonight, after having been away for two weeks. The plane trip begins at noon and I'll arrive in Chicago at 9:15. Is that long enough? Geesh. Good thing I have something to knit on the way.
I am tired but very happy. This has been a great working year and I have learned a lot. My confidence has risen and that makes me a better teacher and a better listener. I want to reach my students with the ways of creativity that I have 'figured out' over the years. When I see the lightbulb turn on, it is so wonderful for us both. sigh. I am very lucky.

Now when I get home, after laundry, I will see what my husband has been up to, for lo these two weeks.

My cats might look up and notice my return. I know Jet is waiting patiently for my lap.

I am meeting Laura and Frieda for coffee on Monday, which is a date we squeezed into our schedules...isn't it funny how when we were kids we saw our pals everyday and now we have to make dates to get together?

And then I really have to get back to work. . .

5 comments:

  1. It HAS been a good year. Thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration.
    OK, you got me. I was reading along, nodding, thinking how clever you are to have your stock collection of handy blog photos, then I got to the last one and almost spit my coffee out on the keyboard. Enjoy your homecoming. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:21 AM

    hope you had a great trip home. It's so wonderful that you've had success in your classes and success in selling some work. How lucky to have you blogging the how-to's for those of us not able to get to class. Yea Mel!!!!The trip seems to have aged you dramatically though. Too much sunshine can cause rot. Hugs, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:12 PM

    You're not smiling in your black and white photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cracked up off of that last photo! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it's been a good year for you. You're a great source of inspiration for me (though at the moment, it's more "in my mind" than anywhere else) and I check out your blog daily, if possible.

    As for your comment on friendship, you're right, it's a shame that we don't get to see our friends on a daily basis. But I also find that back in the old days, seeing one another daily was a necessity to keep the friendship going, whereas now it's more quality than repetitiveness. And that to me (working mum, hubby, two kids, active social schedule and too many hobbies) that's a definite bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com