Tuesday, April 01, 2014
Hand dyed cottons, silks, some commercial cottons. Fused, machine quilted. 16.25 X 22"
The moon, four of the fern-trees and the rectangle behind the tree are all silks, the rest are cottons. The first Moon Beams quilt made in November was darker and with the weather being so warm and Spring-y, I just had to make it brighter. When getting up early when the moon hasn't yet set, the sky can be morning-blue, so that is illustrated here.
My new routine means I got more done in the studio than in the past week, and made the top on Monday and quilted this piece today, Tuesday. It helps that I have made a similar design, altho I didn't make a pattern, so I changed this one a bit, hopefully improving on the original.
at 4:05 PM