Friday, November 15, 2013

Make Me a Quilt : Barb

Barb's Treehouse
Hand dyed and commercial cottons
Fused, hand embroidered, machine quilted
30.5" x 24.5"



This is the biggest treehouse of the whole series! And it gave me the opportunity to use the Special Edition purple fabric that I have been saving for 'something special'. I am so glad I still had it for this piece.
I was given the size of 30x25", and almost got it exactly, within a half inch either way. That in itself is a challenge, and to make a Treehouse that large was the other challenge. But I did it and enjoyed every minute of the process. Merry Christmas Barb!


 

10 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!!! What else can I shout?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And I'm not a huge fan of purple. The treehouse series is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another beauty! Your talent has no limits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Melody there are have been MANY in this series where I say, This is my favorite,and this one is in that group. Wow, all I can say is wow. Can't stop looking at it. Barb is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow polka dots and the French knots. The small print pieces (looks like Kaffe Fassett fabric)add just a little more to look at, as though there isn't enough already! Another one of your quilts that is "Best Ever!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple night sky! The French Knots add so much detail. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece, all of it, the colors, the strip of pieced fabric, the quilting in the sky, and the hand stitched circles. I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:20 PM

    Each one you do is more fabulous than the one before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really beautiful. Are the reds hand dyed? I've had trouble getting a really red red like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having had the privilege of seeing this in person, I just must say that this is over the top spectacular. Lucky Barb

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com