Monday, November 18, 2013

Implementing the Plan



I had big plans for our day of rest, ha! And most of them got accomplished. My white Parsons fabric-holding table got moved downstairs to become our dining room table again. It was too wide and took up too much space in my studio, always full of Rubbermaids and spilled fabric. (Much of this stuff in the living room is going to have a new home once the remodel is over).


I requisitioned the red Ikea Hemnes chest that once housed half of Dave's clothes and made it my fabric storage unit, eliminating Rubbermaid storage for the first time in my career! The top is  a lot smaller than I am used to using, so I hope I can adjust. The Alex chest next to it will help ease the transition, I hope. The fabrics inside are all fused, and the top drawer is cottons, then silks/prints and then scraps of both kinds.




Most of the baseboard and crown molding are in place, just needing paint, and I had two leftover rails (Rubbermaid hanging shelf system rails, from Lowe's) which were inserted under the crown, to hang my quilts in the new room.


Here's a close-up. I use picture hanger hooks and nylon fish line to string cafe rods, making quilt hanging nail free and easily adjustable.
 
Dave's loft bedroom upstairs, is gradually losing it's furniture. We took out this huge black tv/stereo stand and replaced it with the much smaller Ikea tv stand, which needs wheels, and is currently on bed risers. The big black unit is disassembled on the front porch now, looking for a new home, NOT in my house.


This wall had two dressers on it and now the 5 drawer is in the boudoir hallway downstairs, adjacent to Dave's walk-in closet. In the move we found better, more efficient ways to house his clothes.



His new closet, which was my old art supply/yarn closet, has more accessible hanging shelves than his old closet (which in turn, will become my art supply closet.) The stereo speakers are living there for a week on the floor, but as you can see, he has massive amounts of unused space. I plan on keeping him away from garage sales, Ebay and Goodwill, where he finds the most 'irresistible deals' on stuff he never actually wears. He has 15 jackets and 6 sport coats, which I didn't know he had, since they have been tucked away in the dark upstairs closet. Never wears them. Sigh.
Let's not discuss my yarn addiction, please.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I read your note as "red locker filled wart supplies" WART??? supplies?? What can those be? I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com