Hi Melody, I'm so excited that it's my turn! This is such an inspiring project, and I've been eagerly reading your blog each day to see what you're creating.
I love your bright happy colors and improvisational style.
I want to give you plenty of room to work without too many restrictions, so here are a few of my favorites:
Radiant Orb - for the happy colors, circular design and stitching
Desert Sky - for the composition and the stitching
Stack Series - for the depth of composition
Cross Series Citrus and Leaf Light - for the leaf motif that drew me to your work years ago and the wonderful lime green in Citrus
Cruciform Series Green - for the stitching and the color
Tree House #7 - for the whimsy
Bon Bon 2 for the wonderful color
And here are the answers to your specific questions
1. choices of size: 24"
2. orientation: horizontal, vertical, square completely up to you
3. color scheme: pastel, high contrast, dark and murky, neutrals, vivid, earthy - bright, high contrast
4. surface treatments such as hand quilting, fancy machine quilting, hand or machine embroidery, embellishments or stamping/paint (no beading!) - I love your machine quilting, so I'd like it to have that at least, and whatever else suits you
5. imagery: abstract, botanical, geometric, atmospheric - probably abstract, but I'm open to your creativity!
6. fused or pieced. no hand applique. - either fused or pieced is fine
Thanks, and I look forward to collaborating with you on this project.
I can't wait to see what you come up with! Let me know if you need anything else.
Happy Thanksgiving and thanks so much for doing this.