Hi Ms Mel ~ First let me say "YAY!" I am so excited!
And here are my considered answers to your questions:
1. Size: Up to 22" on long sides.
2. Orientation: Honestly, after you/we? come up with a design, let's see which way looks best for it.
3. Color scheme: I have always been attracted to the more vivid, high-contrast, colors. I love your special edition fabrics where 1 color runs into another. I love boysenberry, grape, turq, golden yellow, (Pro Chem colors) chartreuse and the like.
4. I have always admired your fancy machine quilting, such as that in your Sidney quilt. I also like it when you add a few hand stitched lines and/or French knots, although I realize that the former doesn't always go together with the other 2 in a fairly small piece.
5. Imagery: I would have to go with botanical, although there are a couple of quilts that I love that are not in that category -
Pier at Magenta Pond and BonBon 3, the turq one, and Diving In.
My favorites have always been Gingko 2, silk gingko, the fern quilts, Fern Forest
and now Ferns for Fernande, Croton 2,
and Under a Silken Moon. My pet preferred motifs have always been gingkoes, unfurling ferns, and sun/moon.
6. I would like my quilt to be fused. If possible, I would like it to contain some silk. And I would like it to be straight sided, not wonky.
I so look forward to working with you.
Melody: I love all of Judy's faves, but am leaning towards the Ginkos which are motifs I haven't used since 2006. What fun!