So then I saw this set of rules on Pinterest, and I thought...yes, I can do this.
Rule by rule:
1. Haven't done this, will start today.
2. Drinking my calories! What a concept and so easy to cease and desist.
3. I do know that protein stops hunger and this REALLY works. If I have two eggs for breakfast I don't eat again until like 4 pm. Seriously.
4. I gotta have my bran flakes.
5.OK see above
6. I bought a big bag of apples, and between you and me, they really regulate the ol' digestion. I eat dried cranberris and dried cherries on my branflakes.
7. No carbs, no problem.
8. Labels: everything and I mean everything has sugar added or mucho salt or both.
9. I have a digital kitchen scale. Cuisinart.
10. I have given up my Equal. Drinking decaf tea and decaf coffee without it. I can do it.
11. No potatoes, no problem
12. No meat no problem, I do cheese instead, or beans
13. hahahaha. There is no fast food within 20 miles of my house. And I have been bringing lunch when I lunch with my sister, weekly.
14. See #4.
15. Of course. Since I stay home most days, this is the way it is.
16. No chips, or buttered popcorn. And I don't eat popcorn without the butter.
17. Every day I eat the veg.
18. I don't get hungry, so this is hard to do.
19. Sleep right. That's a whole 'nother story. Without the wine or caffeine I would sleep all night but I gotta wake up for pill time with Dave.
20. Meal splurge? What's that? Pesto and pasta? ha!
Most of this stuff is already my habit. But then you think, what does she eat? Two meals a day, breakfast is bran flakes with the berries as mentioned, and lunch is later with lots of goodies, like tomatoes, walnuts, olives, cheese (protein) and 4 oz of meat. I recently decided to try canned chicken. Sounds disgusting but it is sooooo good.
I do half a can per salad, and it is big chunks of chicken, so I am really eating something. I used to buy rotisserie chickens, which have lots more on them, and yet half of it never got eaten, since Dave is not able to eat much protein or his meds don't work. Actually, I am not feeding Dave, as he eats 10 meals a day mostly after 10pm.
So if I stay away from the wine and beer, I am destined to lose the weight.