Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Start and a Finish


I took a day off from QAWM and finished my 2nd Knitalong Sweater. This time I actually pretty much followed the pattern directions, except for a few things. I made the armhole bigger and then of course had to add more sleeve stitches, and as you can see, I was right to make those changes.
Doing a knitalong at the same time as a quiltalong is confusing as to where to put my priorities. I am not good at multi-tasking. So now that I finished this garment, and Dave moved his ladders and painting stuff out, I began to reclaim my studio. Sweeping, decluttering, rearranging, eliminating, having a cuppa...


I thought I would put away the fused fabric and bring out the unfused for a quilt as you go project, but as I gathered the fused, I found an old set of tiny blocks. Hmmm. These could be the start of larger blocks, and since I was feeling the upcoming Valentines Day, I thought, how about pink? That did it! Now my excitement level is raised and I will make some more pink and toss in some greens (in anticipation of Spring) and have a new wall quilt for my girly pink bedroom. YAY!

Yesterday I got an email asking if there was a Flickr page for the new QAWM 2012 pictures, which there is, and when I went to retrieve the url, I saw a big bunch of FOs! I haven't even posted mine, shame on me. Take a look here:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/1860371@N25/

And one more thing....last night it snowed and now we have Good QAWM weather. Stay indoors and quilt!


Brrrrr.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you finished the sweater just in time for the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the temps here dropping steadily since I woke up, i wouldn't be surprised to see snow later today. Brrr...let's get to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little squares are really colorful and cute. I'm so excited that I am learning to knit so I can understand your knitting talk. Always crocheted and wove but never knitted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That swweater is really showing off your girlish figure. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:48 PM

    [url=http://www.vancouvercanuckstore.com]Canucks jerseys[/url] Our own motherland thinks about the problem, just do [url=http://www.vancouvercanuckstore.com]Vancouver Canucks Jerseys[/url] not really think you should think, it's just several things. Postscript: Afterwards currently, America Connection involving China Individuals plus Historians on the University or college, the particular Overseas Ministry to respond to the letter in the effort mutually granted for the motherland to help put back a life and residence titles gain: I've got once more in order to personally appeal to the particular motherland along with the mothers lifestyle in addition to well being wellbeing, we have been inside the outbreak spot, inside [url=http://www.vancouvercanuckstore.com]Canucks Shop[/url] providing their very own safety, put back or terminate your home kind.
    DAY28 battlefield millennium double Our god associated with Battle series of disappointing anticipation magenta the surface of the investment known as the Centuries set along with present-day Penguin World Showdown finally ended, Guevara Karimov last-minute retract on the real cause of the god associated with war seemed to be Orville piano Klose than the usual major enlighten California king, The almighty with Conflict, as well as the top level about the Full yet again beaten, the actual adversary associated with daily life could be yet again throughout up coming springs Winter months Olympics series.
    That set is predicted, the two adult males is actually a Our god of Warfare plant's roots from the Russian persons Ovid violin --- the ancestry and family history really got their start in steppe, along with robust Mongol cavalry fast lineage plus impact model. Fantastic basketball is actually a hand-picked successor, King --- Zinni. Klose rate. These folks for a 2nd fantastic period connected with hockey rep.
    The earliest ice cubes dance shoes can be a golden grow older under the direction on the Wonderful Bleak Chomsky era Oilers dynasty, that they press this puck over United states, within the direction inside Tv set technology, so that the four important little league baseball has become one regarding America, provided to your Fantastic hockey along with swiftness with the technological innovation brings together gorgeous it can be to turn into this everlasting reminiscence of the many admirers. Orville keyboard origins, plus Zinni. Klose compared to the minute golden get older because process would be to help to make [url=http://www.vancouvercanuckstore.com]www.vancouvercanuckstore.com[/url] tennis globalization.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com