Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring Fever


I cannot tell a lie: Everything in the studio is in suspended animation. I walk through it on my way outside. We have been having a wonderfully balmy month of February and my plants are emerging, my daffodils blooming and the dawgs are running in the pond, getting all full of mud.
QAWM was supposed to take advantage of the rotten stay-indoors weather and there has been very little of it. I can't make myself work on my quilt when it is so lovely outside. I refuse to feel guilty about it either.
My quilts will get finished when the spirit moves me. In the meantime  I am saying goodby to QAWM 2012 and hello to Spring!

10 comments:

  1. It's been springy here too--very little winter this year--and I have major spring fever. It makes me kinda giddy and ready to garden, for sure. Very pretty pansy pic there Miss Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Time is short and you need to enjoy what makes you happy.
    The Pansies are gorgeous. I was hearing about tornadoes going thru near you so happy to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow and purple color flowers combination are look so beautiful and amazing.I really like this type of flower port.It look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Are you saying you are abandoning your quilt group? I am coming here every day for my daily quilt-fix and you are discontinuing....something you started. Are you feeling guilty now? LOL

    Suppose I must go out into my yard too then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you. We have to enjoy the days and opportunities as they come, and get over the guilt.
    We won't see spring here until sometime in April and blooms even later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you a bit! Right now we're still cold and windy, so I'm inside. But the minute it starts to warm up there, you can bet I'll be outside! My newly planted tulip bulbs from last fall are starting to show leaves, so Spring can't be far behind!
    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be nice to see some muddy dawgs in addition to the lovely pansies : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Melody! We're having gorgeous weather here today & the last several days too. You must enjoy it while it's there. QAWM can wait. Enjoy the soft breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy you your plants. My tulips are up 2 inches - growing slowly. The birds are singing like it is spring but we keep having snow then rain.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com