Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Mel-Improvement Project

It got really cold last night, but Chester was tucked close to me and we both stayed warm. Chumley was next door in the Snoreroom, keeping company with Dave. This tiny bit of snow is just enough for Dave to try out his toboggan down our hill. Every time he goes out I tell him how much I loved being married to him, in case he breaks his neck. Why do men need the thrill of speed?
I find knitting in my comfy chair in my BRIGHT studio, all the thrill I could possibly want.  I am working on a pattern called Summer Poncho, but have diverged so much it doesn't resemble the original at all.

But getting to the point of this post, I have been on my diet for two weeks and it is working like a dream. I find talking about diets totally boring, but here is the link to the No Willpower Necessary diet plan, so I don't have to explain it. This time, and I mean by that that this is the second time I am using it, I am not weighing myself. I don't need to. My pants tell all. The weight falls off without effort, altho I am putting in some effort at Jazzercise...sweating! ick.
On this diet I am never hungry, but have to remind myself to eat at designated (by me) times. It is even easier than the first time (2002) because I am not traveling and having to eat at restaurants so much. Add to this that Dave is doing his own meals. Yes. This makes it all work great. He has to stay away from protein or his meds don't work correctly and he gets into trouble. So it's all starches for him. And for me, there is a minimum amount of carbs, so no starches or sugar. My diet requires only the occasional cooking, which then leads to less dishes to wash. It's all good.
The first time around I lost 63 pounds in 7 months. I probably will have to do nearly that amount this time around, but no pressure. I don't care about the numbers now, and won't be going near the scale. It's all about feeling healthier. I want to be able to move and be more flexible, without pain. The motivator is thinking about carrying around a huge bag of kitty litter wherever I go, and it is strapped around my middle. Picture this for a minute. Phew!
I spent a little time sewing my new tablecloths yesterday and now I have ideas for more clothes sewing. It's time for new pajamas.
I prefer to make mine, since mostly I want ribbing at the ankle so they won't ride up. I get pickier and pickier about things as I get older.
La dee dah.



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I could lose weight as easily. Medical issues and medications make it close to impossible no matter what I do. I lost a few pounds in December and then of course put it back on. I'll check out your diet a little more though.
    the good thing is that I like quite a bit of exercise and usually do something daily. I love to be outdoors sometimes no matter how cold it is.
    The poncho looks pretty. I'm sure you'll do something unique with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your willpower! (Even though your diet is called no willpower, it still takes willpower to avoid all those foods!)Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Is this diet something you devised yourself or is it a particular type of diet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I never think of ribbing on the ankles? You are brilliant I tell you, brilliant! Thanks for the great idea. I won't make my PJs, but I can certainly add the ribbing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another LOL post. I so enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Oh Sweetie, I don't think you get pickier about things....the world is just driven by the bottom line and some one who does not even wear jammies decided the ankle cuff could be eliminated to improve the bottom line.... hey why on ALL jammies. I do nighties and I like a NICE once. Forget it, the stores have quit caring them, the brand is still made but finding them.... and that is just night wear, the rest of it is the same story different adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your diet is working... me to, but of course mine is different. Bottom line: find what works, and stick to it! I'm tracking what I eat for the third time in 9 years, and each time it has worked, but both times previously I have stopped doing it after about 3-5 months. This time I am determined to keep on! We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:00 PM

    I think you need to combine your sock habit with your pajama bottoms and make feetie pajamas, like kids wear. You probably don't want the 'trap door' effect in back, but boy would your feet be warm!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com