Monday, November 21, 2011

'Tis the Season

Despite the rain, our intrepid tree decorator is out there on the deck putting up the tinsel and ornaments. Our deck planter has been cleared out of all the frost-nipped plants and on the front of the table is one of the tubers from the sweet potato vines.

 We might try and cook it to see how it tastes...or not.

 Here's the nightime view from the porch. The twinkle lights still hanging from three years ago are working fine, and the tree came prelighted, which is just a great invention, making this a hassle free set up. None the less, Dave plans on decorating the real tree at the end of our driveway, and that means miles of extension cord and more lights and ornaments.

Personally, I think this one is just perfect, and all we need. But I have a touch of Scrooge when it comes to holiday ephemera. He decorates, I cook.
I am reminding you of my most requested recipe, Turkey Lasagna, which works for the those who cook ahead, or those who come home with loads of leftover turkey and dressing. http://fibermania.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-turkey-lasagna.html
Altho my sister is doing the cooking, mostly, I am bringing the boned out turkey, and a few side dishes and desserts. I hope to have this dish with the leftovers, if there are any.
I have found loads of fun recipes which I plan to start making this week, and so the blog subjects will be O so food centered. Hmm. Better start with some breakfast.


3 comments:

  1. I say, "Go, Dave, Go!" I think the tree and lights are lovely. What joy is would be to drive down your road on a dark night and be greeted by a lit-up tree - like a country song. Yeah Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tree!

    My "scroogeness" varies from year to year. Some years I make "our house look like Christmas threw up on it" (to qoute my oldest son); and other years, we're lucky if I put up a tree and wreath on the front door.

    This year feels like it might be a scrooge-y Christmas, but we'll see! Too early for me to decorate - they don't come out until December1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you planted "ornamental" sweet potato vines, those tubers are inedible. I had asked that question of a reputable nursery a few years ago.

    That white tree is very sweet. We bought a pre-lit tree a few years ago, and I love it. I'm thinking of leaving it "pre-ornamented" from year to year, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com