After living with my Pink Spidey quilt for a few weeks I decided it needed more quilting. I thought about all the possible designs and settled on straight lines, and since there are so many angles in the quilt, the quilting should echo that. Free motion.
Two sides of the same pillow. I had made these fronts a while ago, and since they were meant to be two pillows, and I had no more inserts, they never got finished. Counting up how many new pillows there are around the house, I decided one is better than two. So I sewed them together into one, adding a boxing edge. The stuffing got robbed from two other discarded inserts I found in the garage. Nice and tidy. 22" square. Machine pieced and machine quilted.
A few daisies in the quilting.
I have been wanting some new socks, and to do
this new pattern, top down afterthought heel.
I really really like this, since it is mitered, my fave. But the pattern calls for 60 stitches and the yarn is slightly heavier sock yarn, Kaffe Fasset Regia 6-ply so I thought I should go down a few needle sizes, since I am such a loose knitter. This morning I realized I could make this same design with 52 stitches, and size 3 needles and not run out of yarn. So this beginning will get frogged and I will start again. I love the way the stripes go on the bias.
A little Chumley in his own bed, for once.