I will not go into what caused our loss of connection or what we had to resort to in order to get back online, only to say that it was probably my fault that I plugged the wrong cable into the wrong port/outlet or componet, power source or whatever. Bygones.
The day we took Popeye to the vet was the same day that we picked up the new stereo cabinet meant to hide the spaghetti of wires from our components, speakers, tv etc. Here is the box and packaging in my studio, as we unpacked it. We brought each piece into the living room and assembled it quickly. Then came the arduous task of wiring (more wires !!!) the speakers into the receiver and all that entailed ( under the house in the crawl space). Dave worked on his knees, fishing wires into tiny holes in the floor for hours. Finally we got it all hooked up...or so we thought.
Everything worked except the internet. We could get TV, dvds and Netflix online but no internet connection via the Linksys router.
I just don't want to talk about it...really. Here we have what looked like the finished project, but no. Once we realized that we had no internet, the whole cabinet was again pulled away from the wall to expose the wiring so we could try 'everything' to make it work.
In the meantime, since we had to wait a few days for help to arrive, Dave busied himself with the painting of the living room part of our change from the Mexican Chalet to the new COASTAL COTTAGE look.
Not only were we without internet but the whole downstairs was up for grabs, with paint trays and ladders and stuff everywhere. I hid out in the studio and made stuff. Chumley was mollified with bones from a roast beef. Then he got a tummy ache and lost his cookies from too much of a good thing.
It was a frustrating and exhausting time. Aren't you glad you missed my whining? The end result (almost finished at this writing) is sooooo gloriously clean and fresh and I am thrilled with the new look-to-be. Curtains are next and maybe new artwork.
Also in the meantime I just moved from my nearly completely decorated girly pink and green bedroom, to the guitar studio-guestroom space upstairs next to Dave and Chumley's room, aka the Little House of Snorers.
I had this idea to help out Dave who has to take medication every two hours, day and night. Usually he sets an alarm, and then sleeps right through it to disasterous results. I hear his alarm, wake up and climb upstairs to get him to take his pills. Now I set my little timer for the two hour interval, sleepwalking a few steps to his room to pop a pill into his sleeping mouth. I barely wake up for this procedure and we are all much happier. Dave gets a full night's sleep out of the deal and my knees have stopped complaining too.
Just so you don't worry about hitting my head in bed, I remove two of those guitars to chairs across the room. It works. This new arrangement needs to be brought up to speed, so I have my work cut out for me. To be continued.
I found I had five more hours in every day. I realized how little interest Dave has in hearing how this knife edged pillow I just made did not meet my expectations and how a box edged version would have worked better. And both of us saved a ton of money from not shopping online all week.
Mostly I missed not being able to talk to you and read your comments. So glad to be back!!!