Monday, February 08, 2010

QAWM:Day 8
My Evil Plan...mwahahaha!
 
At 6:45am we left in the snow to go to Sunny Atlanta and IKEA to pickup my new shelves. This was the shortest visit I have ever spent in the store. We got there in three hours, and spent only 80 minutes shopping!

These are the narrow Billy shelves, and the corner one is a discontinued shorter version which had been the TV table in my bedroom. Because I needed it we had to move my chest of drawers from the bubble tub room into the bedroom. It all worked and we didn't miss a second of the superbowl. Well, Dave didn't anyway. I am the assembler of all things IKEA.

Would you believe the mess this made? Stuff is everywhere. You can imagine what today will be like for me. No sewing at all is my guess. But what a spectacular amount of Rubbermaid emptying will be done. And fyi, this is the first shelf system to hold my fabric in my entire quilting career. In the early days I kept it in wire baskets drawers, or flimsy chests, which the heavy fabric really ruined. I resorted to Rubbermaid bins and that kept the fabric clean and out of sight and easy to move out of the house. So now like many of you, I will now be able to see and sort my entire collection, I hope. Will it all fit here? Stay tuned.


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    If those shelves hold your entire Resorce Center - I will be so jealous, well, I am jealous as those shelves sure look wonderful. Do I see three design walls? keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your evil plan worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Yay for evil plans! Have fun getting it all organized today! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definetly a woman with a plan. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How exciting...can't wait to see your sorting technique. Are you sorting by color, by designer or is there another method???? I'll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:38 PM

    If you let your fabrics hide away in the dark, I believe they reproduce like coat hangers, which explains some of the things I pull out of tubs that I NEVER put in there. Perhaps putting them in sight will make them behave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shelves - have fun sorting through your fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shelves - have fun sorting through your fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com