Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So much has happened since last we spoke...


It has been a non-stop circus around here with five of us for meals and with cars revolving like a parking lot out front. It has slightly calmed down today, and most people are sleeping in or going back to bed for an early morning nap.
Not me. I love the early parts of the day and I have lots of dishes to wash and 'stuff' to pick up everywhere.
Apartment hunting has been intense, with school registration for my niece needing to be done asap. Freshman orientation at most of the high schools begins August 5th, but it all depends on where they end up living. Stress levels are reaching a tipping point. Today may prove to be the day of decision.

++++++++++++++
I thought I would show you how my plan with the mounted canvas in a frame turned out. I sent this one off to its owner yesterday and I must say, I am very pleased with the look. BTW, you may have heard me say that I NEVER do commissions (not counting the painting commission I did for Tommy last summer) but I have been contacted about doing a quilt for another artist. She chose a large abstract style for me to make and I got all excited about the prospect. So I said YES. We have yet to finalize the details, but this is surely going to be an adventure for me.
Methinks I won't get back to painting, quilting or blogging much until after my sister's big move takes place, so I'll post when I can.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy these crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure everything will work out for your sister and niece. It's always stressful to move and to make such a huge move must be over-the-top stressful. I've moved so many times I can't count, but it always works out :)

    Keep us all posted (if you can) on what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything gets settled soon & with a minimum of hassle.
    Congrats on the commission. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just checking back in to see how things settled for Brooke and Family. I am sure it will all work out...but am hoping to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com