Monday, December 01, 2008

Playing With Color

I started cutting and sewing strips. I planned on doing this with my full palette, but couldn't wait and neglected cutting all the cooler fabrics and just started playing with the warmer colors.

This is not my living room palette. More like my bedroom. O gee.

It takes a lot more time to sew everything together than it does to fuse it. Duh. I guess I knew that, since I started off (last century) piecing all my work.

My plan is to make some pillows, and a small lap quilt for the living room. And now I have a better design idea after a good night's sleep. And today the purples, blues and darker greens will get stripped and added to the mix. This is REALLY fun.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! What great, sunny colors to play with, especially if your weather is as gray as ours has been in NC since Saturday. Can't wait to see the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Goodness gracious me! I can't believe you even found similar prints in your stash to make your knock off!!!
    Can't wait to see what you're coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are revisiting piecing. It is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com