Thursday, August 21, 2008

Double Happiness


Double Happiness
oil on canvas panel 6x6"
Click here to bid

Isn't Double Happiness something you order from a Chinese menu? Maybe it's the Olympics that suggests this title. These plums look like they are a couple to me. All the fruits I've been painting seem so sensuous that romance comes to mind. Perhaps this image should be on a Valentine card. I've plummed the depths of my heart in search for you...O boy!




Tea and Me


Tea and Me
oil on canvas panel 6x6"
click here to bid
It's a two painting Thursday!
This little one-cup teapot came with it's own cup which it sits upon, but is not pictured here. Instead, we have a reflection of the artist at work. I was wearing a hot pink t-shirt which accounts for the bright pink highlights in the teapot's surface. At first I didn't realize it was my arm that kept appearing in the blue, but when I put my brush down it disappeared.
This was my clue that I was in the picture.


And one more mystery solved...
where did this red teapot painting end up? Here's the answer.

7 comments:

  1. Love the plums - ying and yang, they belong together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Melody - that is such a great story about the teapot and it is such fun seeing where your paintings end up. I know you are having fun painting, but do you think you will ever get back to quilting again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will I ever get back to quilting again? Who knows what the future will bring.
    I can say this: Painting does not seem like work and quilting...well, after 27 years, I guess I did what I wanted to do all those years and have a garage full of quilts to prove it. Wanna come over and get some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel,

    I just love that apricot background, especially with the cool colors in the foreground, like the plums, and the blue teapot of the other day. Sooo luscious!!

    I don't comment every day but it is a joy to see your new painting(s) each day! Thanks for sharing.

    Kristin in SC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:44 PM

    I would love to come over and get some of your quilts! Oh, if only I lived closer. If you still lived in Illinois I would be able to - I still have six pieces (three yards each) of your fabulous dyed fabrics that I picked up at local quilt shows - I love to look at them, can't bear to cut them up! I do love your paintings too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know that after the breakfast is prepared (which they probably won't eat), the lunches made (which you know they won't eat) and that first infusion of caffeine hits the bloodstream, you are going to have the joy of waking them up. If you find that you will need outside assistance then these documents may prove to be invaluable when it comes time for you to back up your complaint. As the physician residences in anesthesia did not exist very early on, many doctors attended these programs to learn anesthesia. totem pole.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com