Friday, July 11, 2008

The Commission
,
My canvases finally arrived yesterday and I have added a second and third coat of gesso to make the surface smoother. There are 25 canvases here, 6x6" but only 16 are for the specific commission. One item per painting.

Here is my first little star. A Gala apple.

The next performers wait patiently in the wings. I have a list of suggested subjects:
artichoke
tomato
onion
avocado
hot pepper
bell pepper (of a different color)
garlic
lemon
mushroom
eggplant
carrot
leek
banana
pear
beet
The limes above will be dissappointed. I don't usually do commissions. Well...NEVER. But this one sounded like a fun idea, and I actually am excited about the challenge. I will be posting my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun!!!! Can't wait to see what it produces! Is that a play on words?

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com