Sunday, June 22, 2008

Windfall

Windfall NFS
oil on gallery wrapped canvas, 6x12"

These little green apples are immature Golden Delicious which came from a fallen branch, loaded to the breaking point. This poor little tree is so heavy with fruit that we have propped up the branches daily, only to find them drooping againg the next day. So what's a gardener to do? Paint the fallen ones.
I ordered 6 of these 6x12" canvases and think they are just the right size for some subjects. I like things in a row. I think this painting has a hint of Dutch Masters (not the cigars) and I mean that in the most humble way. Perhaps it is the lighting.
Homegrown

Homegrown
oil on gallery wrapped canvas
12x12x1"
Sold

My first tomato! This is from the Park's Whopper plant, and it is small, but it tasted great. I made pesto for dinner and had to slice up this red beauty to finish out my dinner plate.
The peppers are the Anaheims that I picked a few days ago, and the sunflower was growing right in the gravel of our driveway, planted by the birds. The sunflowers sprouted wherever they were were dropped and it is surprising how many of them we are finding in bloom now.
I realize this is the fourth painting featuring peppers. I think we will roast them add them to our daily repasts. Yummamente!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM

    A gardener would have removed most of the apples from a young tree long ago. With apple trees you remove all but three or four apples per branch.

    Contact your extension service for orchard tending advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you even have the creases of the fold in the pepper painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Melody, I love these paintings, and can't believe you fussed about your painting talents. Perhaps, it is the new place, new mindset which makes these just wonderful. I have TOTALLy enjoyed looking at these. So lively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Re: artichokes. Trim the pointy leaves across getting rid of the prickly part. Trim the top flat as well as the bottom and Steam. Serve with mayoniase and some dijon mixed in for bite. Delicious. You'll never go back.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Or, in the microwave, prepare artichoke as above, rinse, wrap in plastic wrap and cook on high for 7 minutes; let stand 3 minutes. Use caution unraping it. Fast and easy!

    Mrs Mel, I especially love allthe pepper paintings. They are exquisite!!

    JP in MO

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com