Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Always Something


We are dripping with endless projects in process around Chez Johnson.

Below you see our stone walk. Mrs. Previous Owner put those stones down, bucket full by bucket full, just days before we saw the house for the first time. She was so proud. I wish I had been there to prevent this. These stones are very hard to walk on, balancing wise and even harder to wheel a wheelbarrow over.


Also take note of the drooping border plants. Liriope, which I divided from only three existing plants, planted in the WRONG place. They divide easily and will bounce back this year to thicker and more impressive clumps.

Dave has decided to move the stones (hurray!!!) to the pond hillsides to prevent erosion and to really prevent splashback on the house foundation, which he plans to paint.


O all the work he has begun.

My plans are a lot smaller. Shower, feed the chickens, divide the new liriope to finish that border above, and bake off the bread dough. For sustenance I started with a few cookies. No wonder the blog is late today.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 AM

    ***For sustenance I started with a few cookies. No wonder the blog is late today.***

    Cookies!!! I thought you were starting your diet...again....well they are probably sugarless and fatless cookies right? Made with freshly cooked sugarless applesauce?

    LOL...

    Dave is looking so well! Being out there agrees with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmcookies and bread...now you're talkin'
    My late FIL Jim sorted stones on our property in his retirement. He sorted them colorwise(really!!)The neat thing was he made pathways all around here and up on the hill with all white stones that were so pretty to walk along. They're in serious need of a clean-up but now we have a huge poison ivy problem up in that area so no one wants to takle that job and I can't blame them.
    Save me a cookie willya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Mmm...cookies: breakfast of chOmpions! Oatmeal walnut...cranberry? Raisin? Anyway, enjoy! And never mind anonymous (or named, for that matter) scolds. ;)

    I'm enjoying your gardening adventures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was the fat little bird that was starting a diet.
    Your small plans seem awfully big to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Cindra, I do think you are right!!!LOL

    Sorry Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O breakfast cookies. I remember fondly. Especially those oatmeal cookies we put the chocolate mints into, and pretty soon everything tasted like chocolate mint.

    Great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:38 AM

    ....liriope,dicentra,old flower in my small garden...to paint from life in water-coloursexscuse my english...ciao,mauri

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com