Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Crispy Morning

It rained buckets again (hurray!!) and then during the night it turned colder and switched to sleet. I heard the raspy sounds outside my bedroom window and pulled the comforter over my head. The furnace is turned down to 65 degrees and it still stays pretty warm up in my loftspace. I would much rather sleep in a colder room, snuggling under wraps, with just my pink nose visible.
The schools are closed, and no one but the salt trucks seem to be passing our house.
My planned trip into town doesn't seem urgent enough to scrape my windows. There is even frost on the chicken wire in the pen. I fed the birds in their house on a tray. No wants to picnic in the sleety wind.
Dave got a big breakfast from me today too. Bacon, hashbrowns from scratch and scrambled eggs. I even made a baked pear-pecan-raisin crumble...for later this morning. He ate his meal and went right back to bed.
My big plans include a hot shower, finish the laundry (I can really drag this out) and then maybe some knitting. Or maybe I'll put away my fabric and get out my paints.
.....nahhhhh.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. beautiful BonBon! Also, I see a quilt in the woods covered in hoarfrost! But maybe that's my take on your lovely pictures.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of lovely, that crumble sounds good. Care to share the recipe? It has all the things that Stretch and I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you got a little of the icy bit. We've had way too much winter up here this year. I love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:59 PM

    BLiss, pure bliss when you can decide whether to get up or not, whether to paint or stitch or do neither. Which reminds me, I have to load some laundry in the machine.......your life...to be envied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Forgot to ask that you send me some of that hard-core winter. We have it way too mild here...almost no winter.....I dread the warmer weather and all those 'deadly' insects waiting to make my life miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like my kinda weather, but what about the daffodils, etc.? Can they be happy with this weather?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely treescape in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com