Friday, November 16, 2007

1000 Postings
What a surprise to see that this is my total after three years of blogging. And now I have a new template to start this millenium of posts.
I guess I really have the blog habit now. I think about what I will write while I am doing the things I do. I take pictures to save me having to remember everything. It works for me.
It's fun to go back in the archives and see what took place and how things looked and what I was feeling and making. Its a time capsule of sorts.
I try to be myself, tho slightly edited, and enjoy the fact that you know everything about me. When I have met you in my travels, it makes it so much easier to connect, without having to explain so much. I guess that is what I crave, the connection to other people of like minds.
And sharing the fun stuff that I make (or buy! Wait til you see my new wheelbarrow), or fail at making, is really neat too. It's like having a great group of friends come over, without having to clean the house.
Since we moved to Tennessee and I stopped traveling, the blog keeps me from feeling lonesome. And that's pretty great. Thanks so much for your interest.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Happy 1000 Postings Ms Mel and happy holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on hitting 1000 blogs. Keep it up. I enjoy reading yours every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yee we are enjoy reading your Blog every day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Dear melody and dave,
    1000!! wow,pretty big benchmark....congrats and thank you for your faithful musings on your world...I do feel an ether-connection...hope to me ya'll someday....still living and working in the backwoods bayou.
    Kindest regards,MIssy

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks to you for your blog... it starts my day off right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! You brightened 1000 of my days-I feel you should get a prize. The pictures from yesterday are really lovely. Hey! to the gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! It's so nice to see the design process and life of someone whose work I admire. This blogging thing is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, well you see it's so much fun to come over here and see what you're going to do with your new place next. I love bright colors and it's great to see how you incorporate them into all areas of your life ... fantastic! Congrats on your 1000th post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Congratulations! I'm new to your blog, but, have really enjoyed my time here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1000 posts is, indeed, a milepost! Congratulations. You are an inspiration, but mostly...you're a hoot!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Hey, Mrs. Mel!
    congrats on reaching the 1000 mark!
    It just isn't a day complete without reading your blog. I love hearing of your adventures and can't thank you enough for the knowledge that you share.
    I hope I get the chance to meet you in person - somehow, you just can't hug a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm such a slacker...we started our blogs around the same time and I have just a little over 300...your shoes are too big to fill. :) but I've enjoyed your blog a great deal in the 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm such a slacker...we started our blogs around the same time and I have just a little over 300...your shoes are too big to fill. :) but I've enjoyed your blog a great deal in the 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:36 PM

    My favorite part your comments is that "a group of friends can come over and you don't have to clean your house". My kind of woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting, I enjoy reading your blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've hit the nail on the head talking about "the connection to other people of like minds". Also I have to travel nearly 30 miles to visit family or friends so visiting your blog and others, is like popping next door for me. Congratulations on your 1000th post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations on 1000 postings! I enjoy reading almost everyday, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:17 PM

    I just wish I had found your blog before you came to visit!

    I really do enjoy reading about the life of an artist and your process. That is something that is hard to find, yet you dish it up daily! And free! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com