Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Chicken Tales



Mr. and Mrs. Red just waking up two hours late, in their new home. We finally got a net over the top of the run and coaxed them in for dinner yesterday afternoon.
At precisely 6:30am the first two roosters ventured out of the house to announce the morning.


OK so the net is not color coordinated with the rest of the house, but it is much lighter in weight than the chicken wire surrounding the run, so it was easier to construct. Who knew staying inside would make them sleep longer, and give us our first full night of sleep in the new house?


While I waited for them to wake up I started collecting leaves. O what lovely colors they are changing to.
I like this better with a dash of purple, lime and the chicken's nuetrals.




But the best is the bright green against the purple and reds. I think I am beginning to understand Frieda's obsession with leaves, now that I spend so much time in the forest.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I love the colours. We are just into spring here and even in the autumn we don't get colours like that beutiful red-orange. There is just something about leaves, their shape.....
    On a different note, I hope the chooks behave for you, and will let you sleep in a bit longer. All the best in your new adventure.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I've been thinking about leaves and the latest quilt for days now...this time of year is very exciting, even tho there is no such thing as fall in Singapore...

    Here chick chick chick...

    Just practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mr & Mrs Red ! My friends just had me paint the door to their coop and are now planning a full mural for the side ! I love chickens - they are pretty darned fun to watch !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Im jealous !!!


    I love living on this island & have a 3 roomed studio all to myself, but I so miss tree's & the inspirations the changing colour of the leaves gave, so much that im planning a trip back to the mainland, just me & the camera for a short 48hr indulgence in forest walking.


    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com