Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rubbermaid Heaven






This is just the first day's worth of corralling all my stuff. The green drape is hiding Dave's stereo stuff. Those are larger speakers and components and wires. We still have two other full sets in the house, not counting boom boxes. But his collected stuff falls way short of my excesses. Most of what you see above is yarn. About four boxes are fabric and a few are art supplies. I have just begun...



Empty shelves!

Getting those boxes up to the garage was pretty easy, since they were already boxed. Then we purchased more Rubbermaid for the rest of my studio, dye room, dishes etc. And we got garment boxes from U-Haul that will hold our winter clothing on hangers until we get our new closets. Freestanding closets from IKEA in Atlanta, O boy!

I have way more clothes than this...perhaps a Goodwill trip in my future...

I like this white one the best, but would need two. Can my small room fit two? I will wait til we get there to decide. Since we are renting a cargo van for the first trip we can easily keep it a week and shop for the needed items and bring them home in it. Two trips back and forth, before we are fully moved. Maybe by mid September...


Target had this great new soap dispensing sponge, for 99 cents, so we will not be without a dishwasher.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    The old 80/20 rule is a good one to follow when you relocate...you use 20% of the stuff 80% of the time...I am sure everyone knows this...then why don't I follow it! Are you shopping IKEA catalog? You are having fun doing this I hope...I am excited for you...keep on packing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Have you asked the local Realtor to help you hire some "meat" to help you unload. My teens hired out for just that - the realtor even transported them. They only moved BOXES and worked for 25$ pizza & coke each day.

    It might be worth posting a notice in a local church or the like.
    Nothing like extra hands to make things go well and save your health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite the stash and the colors are amazing! Though why that should even remotely surprise me is beyond me! ;0) Keep on keepin' on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those detergent filled dish scrubbers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the house.. can you put a google map up so we can see exactly where you will be? We need to know where to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:30 AM

    I must call my broker and buy some Rubbermaid stock...I must!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm worried that I will get no closure on your old house. You've lived there for most of my life...well, the important parts, anyway. It's hard to see it empty!
    But then I get excited when I think about Tennessee...with all those trees, and ducks, and chickens, and fish.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I am having a deja vu experience as I watch you pack up for the move. I hope your's is as successful as ours has been. We are getting our own IKEA here in Portland - opens next week. Won't have to drive to Seattle any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. go to www.dishmaster-faucet.com to see what I was talking about. We have had one forever - we put one in every house we have had. I wouldn't be without one. New unit has tank under sink - my sister in law says it's the best. I will have to wait for the one I have to break before I can get that one.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:32 PM

    I haven't had a dishwasher (other than my two hands and a rag) for 25 years and have somehow survived. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:17 AM

    Have fun moving... I love moving house and do it at least every 2-3 years. You get to have a good clean out and find the most amazing things... you forgot you even had them. then it's setting up the new home, setting up the sewing and dyeing area. I envy you.. time for me to move again (is that a groan I hear in the background) Do enjoy yourself and don't worry about the dishes... they do get done eventually
    Elizabeth from Australia

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com