Sunday, June 17, 2007

Only the Beginning


This is not a quilt. This is a stack of scraps, but Oh, so wonderful! You know how I love stacks. Accidental design is so free and unselfconscious.



This is the real design made by Cyndi Souder of Moonlighting Quilts.


But don't get me wrong, I am all for conscious purposeful designing too. This is from Beth Gilbert.
And below the design from Peggy Taggart.

I will have more to post as they were intent on stitching when I left them at the end of the day.
I was all jazzed up for my first day of class and we had a great and productive morning but by the afternoon I was pooped..
The elevator next door to my bedroom decided to repeatedly open and close by itself at 4am. (3am, my time) and I got out of bed to investigate. I couldn't stop it and it was making a racket, so I called the front desk. They took care of it, but by then I was awake for the day.
After class I came back to my room and got right into bed. I missed dinner entirely,
and the teacher's slide show I was supposed to participate in. O boy, I gotta alotta splainin' to do.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Bad elevator. But great work was done by your students! You must be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Hi Melody,
    Love the student work.
    Could you do me a favor and say Hi to Peggy and Beth.
    I haven't seen either of them in forever.
    If you have my email address on your computer could you share it with them.
    Kay S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scraps have opened my eyes to new and wonderful possibilities.
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:37 PM

    You know how I love the student work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com