Friday, December 08, 2006


Third Try's a Charm
=
Tumble
16x20" oil on stretched canvas
The first two acrylic paintings on this canvas were bad, really bad, so I regessoed the canvas and went at it with oils. I am greatly relieved to have salvaged this piece.

Rough
12x12" Oil on stretched canvas
Similar story with this piece, which was Too Many Colors on Tuesday, a great title, no?
I love painting in oils where everything stays wet and can be wiped off or blended in or painted over immediately. However, when painting ala prima, one must not overdo it or the thing can turn to mud.
So I quit while I was ahead and went back to the acrylics which are so fast drying, that one can overpaint a section to fix things too.

Red X
12x12" Acrylic on unstretched canvas
( now in a 20x20" black shadowbox frame with a nice white mat, sigh)


Uh oh, do we detect a teeny bit of gold and white pen lines?

Um, I must confess that I tried Tumble out in acrylic first, on unstretched canvas. 8.5x11 and then immediately put it in a frame, just to test it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Tumble is a beauty but when I saw the acrylic version I was really struck by the vivid colours...translates into energy and happiness for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com