Saturday, December 02, 2006

Orbit Series #5


Orbit Series #5
12x16" Acrylic, ink and paint pens, colored pencils
on 100% rag Arches Watercolor Paper

I decided to use some of those Faber Castell brush tip India Ink pens that I bought a couple of weeks ago. They show up a lot better when I use acrylic in a watercolor manner, very watered down. The white is a paint pen, and the finer lines are white gel pen.

The long triangles are kinda quilty shapes. This is back to 'carnival' colors and you can see just how much fun I am having now.


I may venture out of the house today, since we cleared the driveway of the foot deep snow. We are out of microwave popcorn, stamps, and bourbon. It's hot toddy season!

3 comments:

  1. I am entraced by all the delicious details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly pack a lot of detail in a small format. Very intense. Love the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paintings. Details and white lines really DO make the pieces. Keep up the good work. Hope you are not leaving quiltmaking!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com