Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We interrupt this program...

I was just about to toss this latest issue of the IQA Quarterly, without opening it, and then changed my mind. At the inside back cover my quilt Matchstick Moons #2, is pictured! I was shocked. Duh. I forgot that it got Judge's Choice at Houston last year. It was photographed and printed so darkly that my ego would not let this go...here is the correct color, hanging in my living room at the moment.


While I am at it, a reader asked how I hang my quilts. Here is the secret.
Shelving standards screwed to the ceiling, and S hooks, with 30lb. test fish line does the trick.


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - what a difference decent photography can make! The IQA version has washed out all the colour and life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:34 PM

    Well thank heavens you noticed that too. I was thrilled to see it and at first I thought it was those little jacks, gear flowers you recently taught. But no it's those beautiful moon sticks. Why don't they advise when they are going to print...sheesh....your colors are the best. But even toned down it's lovely. Your ginkos are also outstanding. Apparently you get better and better. Can we all hope for that? Not to copy what you do but to get better?? Does practice make perfect or do your ideas get better and better. Regardless I am such a fan.......I have lost every traditional bone in my body...
    Liz A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how did I manage to miss looking at your blog for the past few days, and you have made so many quilts! You are cooking with gas!
    I'm a little nutty about fall leaves, too. Can't wait until I can live somewhere that actually happens.
    Can't decide which leaf quilt I love the most. Don't have to. Seem to have lost personal pronouns...

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com