Monday, May 08, 2006

Today it's Tucson!


I am a guest at the Ramada Inn Foothills Resort, where I have a deluxe suite with two TV's, two lush beds and free internet access. You know how happy this makes little ol' me.


O yes, and a bar and microwave and refrigerator and breakfast is also just a short walk past the pool (and hot tub!) Darn, no bathing suit in my luggage. Who knew?
And then these tickets came with the room.

How veddy civilized!

My appetizer. So veddy Southwest.

The courtyard is fragrant with allyssum and lots of geraniums which I hope will not wilt in today's 95+ temperatures.

My hostess Barbara Collins took me out for some of the local flavors,
Tacos Carnitas with Frijoles Charros. Yummamente.
You may ask, "Why do you take so many food pictures?"
Answer: A quilt teacher travels on her stomach. If the place has good food, it makes the work so easy and so memorable. Don't ask me about the all white meal I had in Amish Country...
After dinner I came back to the suite and enjoyed American Idol en Espanol! Four judges instead of three and followed by Dancing with the Stars in Espanol tambien.

Ay ay ay!
Today I plan on doing nothing and then nothing, and then have a nap and wake up and do more nothing. What could be better? A dip in the pool. Hmmm.
Dare I risk a short walk in this heat to K-Mart for a suit? Will I find a suitable suit? Mustn't forget the SUPER SUNBLOCK.
O it all sounds way too exhausting...

3 comments:

  1. okay, Melody, heres the deal, forget about writing the quilt book but go for a series of novels about an itinerant quilt teacher/sleuth. how does that sound??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking a nap with a good book by someone else...
    right after breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:08 PM

    PLEASE don't wear yourself out before you come to Indiana in July.
    And if FOOD is your driving force, be aware that the next time you come to the Louisville area, my hubby is a former chef to the Queen of England! We eat VERY well - and I have the body to prove it.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com