Tuesday, December 27, 2005

POST HOLIDAY CLEAN-UP

Some crazy bug got in my bonnet yesterday and I had an overwhelming urge to get my world back in order. After doing my early morning Christmas returns, and finding one more present for Dave that I couldn't resist, I returned and announced: FURNITURE REARRANGING!

The couch needs to be where the chairs are and vice versa. Now I feel better. And while I am at it, let's put up this quilt. Croton, a memorial quilt. Made to honor plants I have killed.

It coordinates with this quilt, Leaf Light.



This is the old light fixture from the dining room which we removed on the 23rd. Now it is reinstalled in our foyer, where it joins the three other matching fixtures down the hallway.

My desk was piled with all sorts of not worth saving papers and cds and books. I found homes for everthing and removed all of the excess wires and DUSTED it all.

Got Cables? I figured I only really need on at a time and found an empty desk drawer just for them. I put only the stuff I actually use within reach and the rest has its own space in the desk.

The studio is still pretty organized from the TV shoot and today I PLAN to finish up the green quilt, as the slides need to be shot and sent in soooooon!!




My dining room will be set up today for my birthday gala planned for tomorrow.
I promised never to eat again, but rilly, who was I kidding? I am dreaming of food as we speak, having fasted until 4pm yesterday, which pretty much did the trick.
Dave and I made a momentous decision.
Without preamble it is announced that the kitchen downstairs will become
HIS KITCHEN
and mine will remain upstairs.
This means no more biannual traisping up or down with all the canned goods, knives, pots, pans and dishes, glasses etc. Soon we will be stocking his cabinets with specific-to-Dave utensils, and manly man type cooking supplies, and his refrigerator with all kinds of good foods that he will now learn how to cook.
Of course, that means less room for beer.

3 comments:

  1. You are so organised! And I love the Croton quilt. Looks just right there. How can anyone have an EMPTY desk drawer just sitting around waiting for things! Wish you could magic me some empty desk drawers or empty any drawers for that matter!
    Have a great birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 AM

    A Man-Kitchen, how cool is that?! I'm sure Dave will figure out the beer-storage problem. (We tend to put the cases on the balcony in cold weather.) Perhaps he will cook foods WITH beer.

    Have a happy birthday tomorow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:33 PM

    I love your livingroom wall color. Have a happy b-day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com