Thursday, November 17, 2005

La Dee Dah

November Moon (how appropriate!)

I am doing day one of my Releasing the Creative Block quilt workshop today but my mind is all on knitting. I am having withdrawal, having nothing on the needles at the moment.
So I got up early and ordered yarn online. This is verboten.
However, I sold a large quilt yesterday, see above and besides having a wonderful non-diet lunch to celebrate, I figured some Noro Kureyon and Foliage at a discount was ample reward.
Speaking of ample, there is a group called Ample Knitters and they did a knit along project based on the Triangle Tango pattern.

How can I resist this??? Are those colors just so me???

You know how I love modular knitting, and this is super easy to fudge, even without a pattern. One begins with a tiny 9 stitch cast on and then decreases down to one stitch. The next triangle is picked up along the edge of #1 and done the same way. Make three and you have a base to cast on #4. Woowoo!

I went for 10 balls each of the above mentioned yarns and they will be added to my existing untouched 20 balls of Foliage that I got in Orange County. The new colors I got were Russian Sage (Foliage) and the Kureyon was 165.


I am majorly satisfied with the purchase, but still have nothing on the needles. What is a girl to do?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    mmm. I loves me some Noro. The colours are perfect for you. (and yes, there should always be *something* on the needles.)

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com