Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Laptop dies. Blogger Bereft

O I am so miserable. My laptop, where everything of value, like your email addresses are stored, has died on me this morning.
I am hoping that it is only a video card and not the entire hard drive. I got it booted up almost once or twice then the screen went black.
I am leaving today for California and Pacific International Quilt Fest and need need need my laptop for two of my classes. Yipes I will have to explain the class without pictures. O woe is me.

My errant brother is not picking up his phone. He is my computer guru. I started calling at 6:45 am. He must be ignoring the phone again. But I did leave pleading messages for a return call.
I called again and begged him to pick up. Like that's going to work. ha!

I am writing this on the desktop, and this computer has none of my files that I use daily on it.
I am so miserable. O I mentioned that already.

Darn.

5 comments:

  1. My hard drive with all my files, favs, PICTURES and addies died last week. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Melody. At least you have your knitting. Think of it, when you do get in touch with your brother/computer guru he will be able to build you a bigger better computer. Isn't that what happened last time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepest sympathy pooooor Mel but I have one word for you....backup. Should have had all those files on a disc..that's the mantra my computer guru son and husband keep repeating to me. Of course, I don't follow it but they are right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After losing my laptop last spring, I am determined to store all my files on a separate external hard drive. Or atleast a USB jumpdrive.

    Ofcourse, it's 6 months later.. and have I done it? NO.

    I suggest we all pledge to get those auxiliary drives NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. I've had my computer die on me like this before and it really is a pit o' the stomach sickening feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com