Sunday, August 07, 2005

Closet Failure

While we were taking a leisurely spin in The Car, our closet decided it had had enough.

We built this two-tier system ourselves and it was working just fine for 5 years or so. Recently Dave hung up his motorcycle leathers, electric vest and boots etc. on the top tier. For you who are not aware of the heft of these garments, let me just say that they are padded and reinforced and meant to protect the body in crashes at 90 mph on pavement.

They are still relatively new and not easy to sell in the heat of summer. He will not be wearing them or riding again, since he sold his bikes last summer. But they hold sentimental appeal.

I am just as bad. I thought I had given away all my fat clothes.

But NO.

And I have also saved all that ‘quiltwear’ from my early days, (the 80’s) and of course I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing any of them now. Not to mention clothes that still have tags on them and haven’t yet been worn. I know you understand. It is all wretched excess. Half of my clothes really must go. Especially the XL sweat pants, in three colors. Really! What am I saving those for?

We discovered this mess at just minutes before 6pm on Sunday night. Just as Home Depot was about to close. So we can’t do a thing about it til Monday at 8am.

We piled almost everything on the guest bed, and then the rest on the hall railing and hope against hope that the bed doesn’t give out.






Dave considers Plan B

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Melody, poor you! (Good thing Dave has some free time to fix this!) But I had to laugh...I just posted about cleaning MY closet today and then went to read your blog. It is WEIRD how in sync we are sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare! I think it's time to donate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me; the "guest room"? is where you stacked the clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I BEG your pardon, Tommy's Room.
    I must be off my feed since Peter died.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a closet that explodes like that every time I open the door.
    BTW, if Dave decides he wants to get rid of his leathers, let me know. Maybe we're close to the same size. :) My transmission in my car gave up the ghost, so I may be riding my bike until winter. An electric vest sounds nice. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com