Saturday, January 22, 2005

Robin Ferrier's Silk Quilt


Robin Ferrier of Maui sent me this picture of her quilt made with a piece of my hand dyed silk charmeuse. Isn't is just spectacular? The original piece of silk was only 18x 45" and she managed to cut it up (remarkable in itself) and rearrange it so to take advantage of it many colorations.
Please click to enlarge.
I no longer dye fabrics for sale to the general public, but only for my workshop students. I was teaching at Art Quilt Tahoe this past November and at the end of the week we had a walkaround to view the results of the class. Robin came into my class and there were a few silk pieces left on my table and she decided to buy one. I was teaching Fuse-a-Rama and explained that silk is easy to use if you fuse it first with Wonder-Under and then just treat it like cotton. Then I showed her some samples and she was off to the races. I guess she was a fast study!
Thanks Robin for sending me such a great picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com