Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Cardigan is Finished!


I had Dave take these pictures and they turned out just great. Again, please click for larger view.
This yarn is from Linda MacMillan at http://www.oakgroveyarns.com/
We met at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in September. I was teaching there and visited her booth everyday at lunch to oogle and fondle her hand dyed wool and silk yarns. This one is a 50%kid 50%merino blend and is the ultimate in luxuriousness on the needles. I took my time knitting it since it is patch by patch with no side seams and grew quite large. I worked on it only at home and confined my on the road knitting to more managable projects.

Linda also makes dichroic glass beads and that is another of my weaknesses, so if you look closely you can see that I am wearing those in a necklace and earrings set.

This is my largest project to date and I have determined that now I will make a bunch of pullover vests since I end up wearing those the most.

Now that I am done knitting this project my finger are free to blog again on a daily basis.

In one hour I am meeting the girlfriends at Laura Wasilowski's house for our annual Girlfriends Christmas Lunch. There will be a full report.

2 comments:

  1. Melody, its breathtaking!!!!!!! My favorite thing yet!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melody! It's fantastic! (I must resist my urge to learn to knit...)

    Reminds me a bit of Kaffe Fasset and a bit of Karen Stone's Lone Star quilt ( http://www.sews.com/quilting/patterns/karenstone/1027812l.jpg )

    And of course, you look marvelous wearing it! Thanks for sharing.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com