Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Dance of Diamonds

The Dance of Diamonds
Hand dyed cottons and silks,
fused and machine quilted. 20.5 x 20"



This is a second version of my quilt Dancing Diamonds II, which I made quite some time ago, and which sold that very day. Now a publisher wants to use it as the cover and the interior design of a textbook. Since I didn't have a large enough photograph for their needs, I suggested that I could make a new version.
To remake it, since I didn't have a pattern, I just made lots of diamonds and then like a puzzle, fitted them together in lines. Then I made individual background diamonds from silk to slip under the top diamonds which were mostly cottons. Fusing those together gave me the center, and then I cut the background to fit under the peaks of the diamond center. Easier than it sounds.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Are you selling this quilt???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Didn't read the post well enough - see that the quilt is being sent to a publisher. Let me know when if you make a third Dancing Diamonds! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a neat thing to happen! The remake is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why it is a cover shot, beautiful happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this happy quilt! Don't think anyone could not look at this and smile and enjoy the day. Glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com