Monday, November 07, 2011

Pinkitude


This was a quickie knit, starting on Wednesday and finishing just minutes ago. The back is just a square piece of knitting, on the diagonal, and the front is from the Heartbeat Sweater from justonemorerow.com
Since I have made that sweater twice before, I felt confident I could alter it to my needs. I am loving the adaptability of the design, as you might guess, since I keep repeating the shape. It works for me. And my new "discovery" of reverse stockinette for the neckline and armholes, is so snug, yet stretchy and compliments the body stitches, that I may never go back to dull old ribbing.

It has finally dawned on me that I can wear sleeveless low necked sweaters here, without dying of the heat. And that really goes for this yarn, Cascade Pastaza, an aran weight, 50% llama/50% wool. If you ask me it is verging on bulky.
I am going for a vest in every color of long sleeved T that I own (or can find to buy, heehee).
While the front and back were blocking (drying) my fingers got itchy (obsessive?) to cast on the next knit, and being in a pink frame of mind, I chose Berrocco Weekend, an acrylic and cotton blend. I am making up the design on this vest, and am so liking what is happening here i.e. the curve at the bottom. The openess of the stitch patterns means this wil be even more wearable year 'round.

And now your Daily Dawgs:
  Got leaves?



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast you knit (sew)!!! Holy cow...those needles must be smokin'....LOL.

    I like this pattern, too. Too bad I don't knit...only crochet. I must say that you have inspired me to try my hand at crocheting some socks :)

    YES...we have tons of leaves, which DH and our neighbor continually mulch with their tractors. I think they have fun doing it, just between you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vest looks like it will be very pretty. You knit so fast. I just don't seem capable of knitting without a pattern. It's probably because I don't knit sweaters often enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody,
    You are totally amazing.I look forward to reading your blog everyday.Hope to try my hand at fusible quilting this winter.Thank you for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I think.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com